Monday, December 01, 2008

Critters, virtual and real

I'm beginning to like that tuxedo cat down the block. When I set forth for today's neighborhood walk, there he was, high in a tree, comfy and self-sufficient as only a cat can be.

Then I continued down the alley. Today was the day to photograph the chinks covering small passageways in otherwise impenetrable fences.

Here's why: ain't he handsome? No, I did not see him/her today, that's a picture from a chance encounter over a year ago. However, the neighborhood skunks are the reason for chinking the fences -- and bricking up a gate as well.

Meanwhile, back in that tree... It wasn't until I downloaded my pictures that I realized the cat had looked up and seen something Very Interesting overhead. For...

He was much higher in the tree on my return trip.

As my camera watched, he decided it was time to come down. I wondered if this was the sort of cat that would get stuck up in a tree and require ladders, firemen and much ado.

Apparently not. Soon he was back in his favored aerie, looking smug as only an accomplished cat can look smug.

New Linkage: Prescott Style has found some impressively big beautiful crystals in a wash somewhere in the vicinity of Skull Valley. And Read It News, with a new owner (daughter of Mayor Jack Wilson), is back up and running.

7 comments:

Antipodean Curmudgeon said...

That is one self satisfied moggie (oz for cat).

Hermano

Anonymous said...

Our tuxedo cat thanks you this morning. But, he's not so sure about the "tuxedo" with the stripe down its back. :)

~Anon in AV.

Linda G. said...

We didn't haul one skunk away last summer! Maybe our little rock barriers are working....

Your friend the tuxedo cat is a beauty..

Granny J said...

bro -- previously, I had merely considered that particular cat to be one more feline encroaching on Max's turf, but as I said, I am growing rather fond of him as a local character.

anon av -- isn't that stripedy guy beautiful?

brain -- I don't recall many evenings this past couple of years when the local skunks were promenading down our little street, but the folk over on the alley insist that they're in the neighborhood nonetheless.

meggie said...

A very efficient self satisfied feline. Handsome too!

Warren said...

great looking tree climber, looks quite at home up there.

Granny J said...

meggie -- he's also very well groomed, unlike the battle-scarred tabby who shows up periodically to try & take over Max's turf.

warren -- he took me quite by surprise when I saw him up there, so comfy and settled. Just had to get the picture!

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites