Thursday, October 22, 2009

About Lamb's huge flag

As you motor over Bullwhacker Hill, heading into Prescott, you can't miss the giant flag that flies over the Lamb Chevrolet dealership. I especially liked these pictures taken at dusk as the Sson and I returned from our visit to the model shop down in Glendale.

The flag is a bit of an expense. As big as it is, the colors fray in the wind and need replacing once or more during the year. A good $ grand or thereabouts, so I'm told.

Here's a view of the flag during the bright daylight. It really does dominate the scene.

And, as long as I am posting flag pictures, I thought of this pair which includes the state flag -- which I just now discovered was coming apart at one of the seam lines.

10 comments:

Brenda's Arizona said...

Yea, flags that size are $$$. I esp. like your first photo - the dusk mixed with the wind... So my husband wants to know what model shop in Glendale you went to with Sson? :-)

TomboCheck said...

Such a great flag. Used to be a great view of it from the mall, before they put the room store on the corner.

Granny J said...

brenda -- it's called Andy's & sorta specializes in military stuff. In one of ever so many strip malls.

tombo -- people have a bad habit of mucking about with our ridges, don't they?

Anonymous said...

I guess it's appropriate that a ward of the state, like Chevrolet (GM), should fly a big flag.

theBoonie

Anonymous said...

Love the flags and the weather... love seeing changes in the weather!

~Anon in AV.

Granny J said...

ah, ever the cynic, boonie -- actually, Lamb's has been flying the flag seems like forever.

anon av -- we're currently having standard Arizona weather -- blue skies, bright sun. It would be nice to get a bit of rain.

Kathleen said...

Yes, we do need some rain!

I like the way the flags look in the wind. That huge one has always held my attention as I drive out that way.

Granny J said...

frame -- I'd say that Lamb's gets its money's worth with that very notable flag.

Sandybee said...

I have some memories of the Lambs. Lamb Chevrolet used to be here in San Diego as well as in Prescott. In the late '70s, a friend of mine was designing the Prescott house of Mr. and Mrs. Lamb. Mr. Lamb flew us in his private jet to Prescott so that my friend could do a bit of work on the house. Then my friend and I attended a square dance at the Courthouse Plaza. There were only enough dancers for 1 square, but we had a lot of fun. I seem to remember that the Lambs were in their 70s then and their son was taking over the 'store.' That was 30 years ago and I still remember their kindness, although I have long forgotten my friend's name.

Granny J said...

sandybee -- interesting. I didn't realize that the Lamb family was from Calif. Thanks for dropping by! (And do come again.)

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites