Monday, June 19, 2006

Scenes from the Alley 4: Just In From Arcturus?

One way of looking at this object is that it is just one more geodesic dome. My question, however, is, what is it doing there? Most geodesic domes are destined to become shelter of some sort or another. As I recall the sales pitch back when Bucky Fuller was an infant terrible, there was this logic about the domes and it was all very very functional. Something about the rock- bottom minimum amount of material necessary to provide a cover.

But this unit is just sitting there. If shelter is indeed intended, it's for midgets. This guy might be waiting for a mate. Or maybe it's an exotic plant, that will blossom one of these days.

We just have to wait and see!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I hate to be prosaic, mamasan, but as a mom to a 4.5 year old, that looks like a jungle gym to me.

Granny J said...

Daughter -- I come from a Jurassic time when jungle gyms were all plain pipes & right angles. Besides -- the structure in question is behind a place of business on Grove Ave., which as far as I have ever seen, doesn't HAVE any children.

I think it's lonely & waiting for a friend from a far star.qaxvzci

Granny J said...

Daughter -- I come from a Jurassic time when jungle gyms were all plain pipes & right angles. Besides -- the structure in question is behind a place of business on Grove Ave., which as far as I have ever seen, doesn't HAVE any children.

I think it's lonely & waiting for a friend from a far star.

Anonymous said...

This morning, I crawled from my bed, stumbled to the kitchen, poured myself a cup of ambition, (thanks Dolly P.) and booted up to start the day with Granny J.
Well, there was that geodesic dome in the alley again. So I took a closer look at it.
Now, I know Kate views it as prosaic human construction, and you envision in it any number of benign possibilities, but even in your sunny photo, I sense a darkly disturbing malevolence in its squat spidery form. I am compelled to entreat you, dear Granny J.............
PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T WALK DOWN THAT ALLEY ALONE AGAIN!

Linda G.

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites