Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Girls on the bench

If you walk along our streets, one of these days you'll come across this pensive little girl sitting on an elegant old bench. Both look to be out of another, earlier age, plopped down in a shady spot in twenty-first century Prescott.

I would say that the first little girl has a bonnier spot for reading; the recent bronze in the public library's garden has to enjoy her book in the direct glare of the Arizona sun -- a great way to display the sculpture but one helluva way to relax with a book! However, this girl has a great advantage; she is protected by that wonderful life size cougar who always sits up on the brick wall behind her.

Linkages: First to Brittany to view tiny tadpoles still in the egg, but almost ready to emerge thanks to excellent photography by Box Elder. Next, zoom down to Tucson to see the many murals that adorn walls there. While in the south of Arizona, stop by Firefly Forest for a remarkable pair of pictures of yellow warbler males duking it out. And, as ever, enjoy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

The book reading lass has another advantage--she has one helluva tan.

Hermano

Anonymous said...

The girls' feet are barefoot!

Looking at them makes me long for warmer weather so I can take my shoes off. Soon, it's coming.

~Anon in AV.

smilnsigh said...

Those statues are so cute! Would you believe, I've never seen one, myself. Harrrumph...

M-N

Granny J said...

bro -- from all that Arizona sunshine, of course.

anon av -- we are verging on warmer weather, tho cold fronts keep coming in from the NW -- without moisture, of course.

SnS -- I'm surprised. I would think that Saratoga Springs would have such statues someplace! BTW, I'm collecting Victorian towers for you.

Anonymous said...

Nicel selection. I like the bronze reader.

Granny J said...

steve -- she's officially Cap-A Art, part of the growing library collection.

David Kirk said...

Message: Pay your library fines or you'll be bronzed?

Granny J said...

dk -- don't scare me like that! I'm very cautious about taking books out from the library because I'm likely to forget them and incorporate them into my collection.

Lucy said...

Thaks for the link.

I must say Prescott is looking particularly quirkily lovely this spring!

Granny J said...

We're enjoying the fruits of all that rain this winter; as for the quirkiness, it just pops out periodically.

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites