Sunday, July 02, 2006

Iron Springs Road Trio

Drove out to Granite Basin today with my late husband's son and his family. In the past I hadn't noticed any special sights on this trip out to one of my favorite local spots in the forest.

However, today I caught sight of two notable mail boxes, above and below. As someone with more than a little touch of printer's ink in my veins, I particularly cotton to the receptacle attached to the old flat bed press. As my daughter would say, "Kewl!"


The third sight, however, was truly unexpected on this grey, rainy day. The huge, rusty, metallic saurian was the most outstanding of the many animal sculpts visible on this estate's grounds. We found ourselves wondering if the property owner and the creator were one and the same! If I had the room, I wouldn't mind owning this fellow!

2 comments:

Karen of Scottsdale said...

wow, a big something or another...

Granny J said...

As I was falling asleep last night, I had this sudden idea that the animal in question might be a rhinocerous. Fortunately, I managed to fall asleep anyhow & this morning I checked Google to reassure myself. Wrong body...too many horns... ears way too big. Maybe a rhinosaur.

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites