Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Pig Wallow Update


Monday I got an email from next door neighbor. He had taken this picture at 4:45 in the afternoon. Shortly thereafter, the fluffed up javelina climbed the hill and disappeared. Cat Max was relaxing under the car throughout the episode. (I cropped him out since he wouldn't have shown up well in any event.)

Over the weekend, I toured the property uphill -- and found that I have not just the wallow I discussed recently -- but 5 others, primarily in a walking path that gets a certain amount of watering, thus making for just the right conditions for a happy javelina.

And for any cat fanciers wondering about Max, here is a picture of my companion. As he grows older, he has mellowed and is less and less like my comic favorite, Bucky, in Get Fuzzy, who is both arrogant and wrong-headed.

2 comments:

Karen of Scottsdale said...

handsome Cat Max

Granny J said...

Yes, he's a good looking cat & like most Siamese, good company, with an interesting vocabulary. He's a very talky cat, tho he has a squeaky little voice.

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites