Tuesday, July 21, 2009

HOT!!!

I haven't the energy for a more elaborate post. I'd like to join the cat (below).

Our summer temps up in the Arizona mountains tend to be somewhat weird during our monsoon weather. This year, the mornings are blazing hot. Not, to be sure, Phoenix-style deadly hot, but in the upper 90s. Hot enough that the Max cat has given up patrolling the neighborhood and instead stretches out on the floor near my computer chair.

Our rain storms, which we've now had four days in a row, come in the late afternoon or early evening. One day I caught this brilliant sunset to the east (the only direction my windows face.) And then the temps drop forty degrees for a pleasant sleep.

I guess the moisture has brought out one of the new neighborhood frogs. Neighbor, in whose pond we parked the metamorphosing tadpoles, says he searched a week to locate one of the little fellows, found him on the side of his house. Presumably near the pond. Note the suction pads on the critter's feet; he's an Arizona canyon tree frog.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kitty air conditioning = Spread 'Em!

LOL

Our cat does the same thing. Gets air circulating through the fur.

Many AZ cats get shaved in the summer. Their owners take them to the groomers. I once saw a Persian kitty with a lion cut. Cracked me up.

Has Max ever been shaved?

~Anon in AV.

Granny J said...

anon av -- no shaving for Max, tho he'd be cooler on the cement steps going upstairs. As for that cat with the lion cut, it was the most unhappy looking cat I think I've ever seen... but very funny.

Avus said...

Sounds like a good arrangement, Granny. Hot mornings, cooling rain and pleasant nights for sleeping.
Cats know how to get the best out of life.

azlaydey said...

In my next life I am going to come back as a house cat who lives with a little old lady who dotes on me, as my cats are.

Steve said...

Nice tree frog

Anonymous said...

I second the motion to give Max a summer haircut, perhaps a mohawk. That would make him look B-a-a-D.

Granny J said...

avus -- actually, it's quite all right and the reason that many houses here are occupied only on weekends -- the owners work down in the hot, hot Valley of Death during the week.

lady -- excellent plan.

boonie -- I am presuming that a cat mohawk would run down the ridge of Max' back. He's already a baaad cat.

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites