Saturday, August 15, 2009

Welcome to Morocco

If a premise does not have show windows, what to do? Well, put your wares out in the front yard. I had passed by this exotic looking exhibit on Grove Street a number of times in a car but never up close to see what those objects were, though I did take the picture above back in July. Today, a long (for me) walk and first hand inspection.

With a name like Marrakesh, it's a natural for this shop to carry rugs (below). In fact, when I first got a glimpse of the colorful yard, I figured most of those items were rugs.

How wrong I was. The colorful objects are tiled fountains. Obviously heavy enough that they aren't going to be shop-lifted.

Here's a close up of the benches in front of the fountains above.

A free-standing fountain, also completely tiled. Below, a view of a fountain basin.

I like the critter-spigots.

These gaudy lanterns are also hanging at the front of the Grove Street building, tho I noticed that in the first picture, taken in early July, there were more objects on display than I found of a late Saturday afternoon.

7 comments:

Omegadad said...

Now there's a hobby that I could take up...

Loved the spider, btw. A few weeks back, I towed an armful of flowers up from the garden and vased them on the dining table. Omegadotter much enjoyed watching their resident spider at work.

Steve said...

Neat looking fountains. They just wouldn't fit in any yard. Would need a special one.

Granny J said...

od -- and if there's any hobby output least suitable for the Alaska climate, that's it!

steve -- what you really need is a house built around an inner courtyard. Not many of those here in Prescott.

OmegaMom said...

Ahah! I'm glad you got over there to examine the wares more closely.

Granny J said...

dotter -- yeah -- the weather has finally cooled off enough that I took a long walk late yesterday afternoon. particularly to take a look at the goodies. Comparing earlier picture and yesterday, the statue lady is missing as are some rugs in the window.

Antipodean Curmudgeon said...

It just occurred to me that those fountains would make novel urinals for an ethnickey restaurant.

Hermano

Granny J said...

bro -- great idea! perfect for my collection of Cool Loos.

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites