Friday, September 25, 2009

Big time trash

Everybody agrees that Americans are not only too fond of Stuff, they are also overwhelmed with their Stuff. And so the annual (or semi-annual) city trash pickup day produces such throw away displays as two, not one, barbecue units by the roadside. Plus a dead ironing board, as well as a perfecly good chandelier (below) and who knows what else is in that heap.

Today, my haul included a overly cheerful sofa plus a toilet bowl and tank. The latter appears to have been the object of somebody's temper. And, like a period at the end of a sentence, there's the inevitable computer CRT topping the heap.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm. Can we go back to the Rocky Raccoon post? Much cuter. ;-)

~Anon in AV.

Antipodean Curmudgeon said...

Our next pick-up of hard and green waste occurs in late October and I feel remiss in that we won't be filling our verge up with junque and I haven't sufficient resolve to empty the shed and garage of derelict items.

Hermano

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't it be nice if we could ship all that junk and trash back to China? (At their expense, of course.)

Granny J said...

anon av -- oh, I don't know about that. I think that the stories one might imagine about, say, getting rid of 2 BBQ units or that toilet outfit should be an interesting challenge.

bro -- and to think that you have a lot ore energy than I do. I've had this Canon copier taking up desktop space for years & no takers when I put it up on FreeCycle.

boonie -- now there's a presidential platform I could enorse whole heartedly. Are you going to run?

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites