Friday, January 19, 2007

Sunflower Update

When last we looked at the state of the front porch sunflower, it was Dec. 25 -- Christmas Day. The seedhead somehow looked warmer and more inviting than it did on Jan. 19 (below.) No doubt the angle of the sun. However, the seeds continue to disappear. And I hear periodic shouts from the jays, my main customers. A friend has suggested that a container of water put out daily to avoid freezing wins more bird friends than food this dry winter.

Just for the helluv it I also tried my new, exciting ability to do extreme close-ups.Here's how they render the empty holes (below)...


...and the tightly packed seeds.

Note: in case I've got outlanders worrying about our lack of moisture, this is to let you know we had maybe two big inches of snow all day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent pictures. Macro seems to fit you.

Granny J said...

I like it -- macro gives you a different way of looking at things.

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites