Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Link of the Day

I've surely mentioned that 1) I am a map freak, 2) I always take a window seat on an airplane, the better to see the landforms from above, and 3) I find much aerial photography to be a first cousin to fine art. Not only are aerial images beautiful, but they convey so much information! Imagine my joy when the SIL directed me to Earth as Art, a NASA site featuring Landsat 7 images from around the world. Kilamanjaro ... Kamchatka ... the fjords of northern Norway ... the Mississippi delta ... the Everglades ... an Antarctic glacier fall ... (above) the delta region of the Netherlands ... and, locally, the Pinacate volcanic field of northern Sonora. To name a few. Do take a look!

No comments:

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites