Tuesday, November 28, 2006

No Home for HOAs in Free-Wheeling Woods

Oh, I'm sure that there are enclaves in the forest where stiff, uptight rules Protect Property Values and an overblown, citified sense of propriety. Fortunately, the uphill/ downhill streets in Ponderosa Park that I climbed the other day were the picture of a more relaxed approach to home ownership and landscaping.

Cool signs...


A little, volunteered rest stop/park, dominated by a fine chain-sawed totem pole with three bears climbing up to the topmost eagle...

...plus an assortment of rustic seating suitable to the forest setting...


...a tent that may have or may not have been part of the park-let. Nonetheless, an open invitation to kids.

And the finale -- a door opening to nowhere, one of my favorite mysteries.

Days later: The forest service has given Ponderosa Park people a permit to decorate some of the trees (something some have always done, anyhow.) In the Courier article, a homeowners association was mentioned. It wasn't made clear how many of the residents of the area belong.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A door like that should lead to different realms where the laws of Nature are bent in different directions.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures. Wish I was there with my camera.

Granny J said...

Every so often, I wish I were in Germany with my camera! Unfortunately, I didn't carry a camera the couple of short times I was there.

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites