Sunday, May 24, 2009

My skullie pic

OK, so I was double-dared to show off one of those skimpy skullie Ts on my very own well-aged bod. So here's the picture, taken at home last week. No, I didn't get around to having the pic taken at the monthly Prescott blogger get together. However, a fellow blogger (Catalyst) had promised a surprise. Here is what he showed up with (below), a fine, high-quality T with a serious skull, none of this girly-girly nonsense. One problem: it is a man's xtra-large; Cat-A thought that perhaps I could somehow use it as a skirt. Other possibilities include having a friend remodel it into my size ... or cutting out the image and appliqueing it to a sweat or another T or even a pillow for the living room. In any event, thank you, Cat-A, for a thoughtful gift.

Now, since we are already in high-fluff territory, I'd like to add yet another element to the mix, which has absolutely no relationship to the important question of skulls vs. skullies. Namely, my absolutely most favorite LOL Cat of all time: Dunecat.

Art Show Link: Dagny took some neat pictures of the Phippen art show on the Square; you should have a look.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

YaY! Finally, we are treated to the pix of you and your pink skullies!

And, the cherry on top is Dunecat.

Wow... a most excellent post, GJ!

~Anon in AV.

Catalyst said...

Well, I think it would make a most excellent mini-dress!

OmegaMom said...

Oh, oh, OH! That T-shirt is by one of my fave T-shirt artists; I think he's Alaskan. You saw a bunch of his stuff whilst you were visiting. Maybe when the dotter and I come visit (more in an email or phone call), I can help you find a good sweatshirt and we can applique it to the sweat...You done good, Catalyst!

Anonymous said...

Okay, where is the photo of you on a Haley?

Anonymous said...

I meant Harley.

Judy said...

Very cool! I'm sure you will look great in the sweat with that skull applied to it also.

Jules said...

I just found your blog and I can't site the reference. But I'm happy to make your aquaintance.
Lovely writing!

Melanie A. said...

I can't imagine why the artiste of the Spawn t-shirt won't set to manufacturing a Granny J tie-in special, a limited run both sized appropriately and colored R.E.D.: instant worldwide fame!

Granny J said...

anon av -- well, you double dared me, so I was on the spot.

cat-A -- just a wee bit baggy, especially in the shoulders.

dotter -- either a black or red or white sweat is just the ticket. I'll bet we can find a basic unit at JoAnn's or at one of the big boxes.

steve -- I've a standing offer of a ride on a Harley, but have never followed through. Chicken, that's what.

jarart -- planning on it!

jules -- welcome-- and come again! Happy to make your aquaintance, too.

melanie -- nice thought there...

Antipodean Curmudgeon said...

You are as good as your word, sis. I commend that you take up the offer of a Harley ride, remember that you've been on a bike already, albeit 7+ decades ago.

Hermano

TomboCheck said...

The pink skullies look great on ya! Can we expect to see that at the next meetup?

And the LOLcat? Yeah, I'm seriously giggling at my desk. Hilarious!

Teresa said...

Lookin' good...a force to be reconned with I bet! T

Granny J said...

bro -- that's a ride I'll never forget: through the desert on, what, Uncle Max' Indian?

Tombo -- I'll show with a "pretty please". With sugar on it, of course.

Teresa -- welcome! Which force -- me or Dunecat???

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites