Saturday, May 16, 2009

Spider caught a seed...

...and GrannyJ was fortunate enough to capture an image of that seed and its parachute. Isn't that a beaut? I've no idea which fluff ball produced the seed, but look at all the fascinating detail. And to think that at one point I couldn't get a decent macro shot with my little Canon. (Then one day I took the trouble to read the instructions.)

Final Reminder: If you're reading this on Sunday, hie yourself on over to Casa Sanchez, 1459 W. Gurley, at 2:30 for the monthly blogger meet-up.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

Yep. turn it to P, and then press the macro button! Took me ages too...

It's a lovley one. There seems an inordinate amount of fluff in the air this year, mostly here it's willow seed I think.

Some fab posts I've been missing, look forward to seeing you snapped in your pink skullies for the bloggger meet!

Granny J said...

lucy -- I don't recall willow fluff being a problem here; on the other hand, there are the cottonwoods. I'll try to get that picture taken today. The green number isn't as large as I had hoped, meaning I doubt if I can even squeeze into the others.

Anonymous said...

Super photos. Glad you figured out the macro. I've had better luck with the telephoto up close than the macro. Did you get a bigger turnout for the meet this time?

Granny J said...

steve -- my LH always used a telephoto for macro shots; he found it made a much better picture. As for me, I have a one-lens Canon that is basically a space age Brownie.

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites