Saturday, October 21, 2006

Serenading Bankers

What a great way to start the day. My Flagstaff family came down to pick me up and head out to the final Young's Farm pumpkin do. But first everybody needed cash. Each to his/her bank.

I entered the Chase over on Gurley street to a serenade!
He was sitting in one of the waiting areas, plunking and singing away. Comes in most Saturdays, said the teller. It's certainly a lovely change from the cold, sterile, corporate look that Chase has imposed on the old, friendly, locale-sensitive Valley National.

As for the pumpkin scene: it was splendid, as usual. I'm too tired right now to select the right handful from the 150 shots I took. I'll miss Young's. Rhubarb pie, remember?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea. Banks should give a little something for using your well earned money. Piece of cake or pie would have been nice also.

Granny J said...

Rhubarb, at that. I'd settle for key lime, however. With lots of lime, that is.

k said...

key lime pie, oh YUM!

Granny J said...

When I was a youngster, down in the Deep South there was a cafeteria chain called Morrison's; it's hard to beat their key lime pie, though Marie Callendar does a pretty good job for a mid-level priced restaurant. Too many places appear to be afraid of a strong lime flavor!

 
Photo Blog Blog Top Sites Blog Directory for Prescott, AZ

Local Blogs - Blog Top Sites